Sharon Cuneta Asks For Prayers

Hello. I hope this finds all of you well. I know it's been ages since I last posted anything here (or anywhere else)....
Posted by Sharon Cuneta on Monday, August 10, 2015
Okay. Chest x-ray okay. But fungal infection pa. Ngee. Longer to heal but at least it's being addressed na. Low albumin...
Posted by Sharon Cuneta on Monday, August 10, 2015

Posted on August 10, 2015

Hello. I hope this finds all of you well.
I know it's been ages since I last posted anything here (or anywhere else). Since my last post from Thailand, I've also been to Tokyo and California. I have been ignoring anything techie except to watch shows and read from, and it's been a great breather, a good rest and a small victory in my attempts at a simpler existence. I know it's impossible to keep that up so I'm enjoying it while I can.
I sang at "The Music of Rey Valera" with the ABS-CBN Philharmonic Orchestra led by Maestro Gerard Salonga, and with some wonderful singers at the Solaire on August 1. The next day, I was so sick I couldn't get up. Major congestion and still, a cough. Last Sunday, I sang in ASAP at what I thought would be another tribute to Rey Valera but which turned out to be a very special gift to me and my decades-long partnership with Rey. (Thank you, my ASAP family! Thank you for honoring our work and music.:-)) Both times, I was able to sing because my doctor gave me medicine with steroids to open up my breathing and somehow temporarily stop me from coughing.
I have been coughing for over three (!!!) weeks now. I went on antibiotics for two of those three weeks, and I didn't get better at all. I am always tired even when I'm not doing anything, also always dizzy, and yesterday I finally (yes, just yesterday. Matigas minsan ang ulo ko, ayaw agad pumunta sa doktor!) went to see my E.N.T. at Cardinal Santos. Well now I am confined at St. Luke's because my doc warned me that I am contagious (Miguel already got sick. Am sure nahawa sa akin.) and I still don't know what's wrong with me, except for what my doc yesterday saw were allergic rhinitis and a post-nasal drip and a bacterial infection that all started when I was in the States. Also, my heartrate is racing even when I am sleeping. This, apparently, is the cause of my constant tiredness. Para akong excited na nanonood ng concert ng One Direction (sorry, I'm really a fan! Blame my girls!:-)) kahit na nakahiga lang ako at nagbabasa. I know this because I had a 2D Echo test with one of my cardiologists last night.
I've been on an I.V. of antibiotics since I got here yesterday, but my cough is still weird. Weird for lack of a better word -- and also really weird because I've never had a cough like this before. It's a "hard" cough. It is mostly quiet, but when it hits, it's like a full-on violent attack and I actually become weak from coughing too much. And my heart...it is what I am most worried about. At least it's fixable and right now they're just figuring out how much of a dosage I would need of my meds to keep the rate normal.
Late last night, I had a CT scan. Guess all's okay in that nothing has spread down to my lungs, kasi I haven't heard from my doc about anything negative from it. Thank God for that.
Please, may I request you all to pray for me? I miss my babies so much and want to be nowhere else but home right at this moment. Please pray that whatever else is wrong with me that hasn't yet been diagnosed is diagnosed soonest, and that I am given the right meds so that I can get well and go home and go back to work?
Thanks so much again and I hope all of you are okay. I miss you.
God bless you all and lots of love. :)


Be my genie! Grant my wish(es), please?
Dorina Pineda Wish List
My Amazon.com Wish List
My Amazon.co.uk Wish List

Comments

Popular Posts